Thursday, February 4, 2016
"You have set all the borders of the earth;
You have made summer and winter."
HB 1403 is the well documented 2001 bill that legalized subsidized tuition for illegal aliens; check out who voted for it at the time:
Wednesday, February 3, 2016
"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart."
[Author's Note: BevoBeat has A LOT more here.]
THIS is why he needed another year:
- Whole team joined in effort.
- One recruit played a prank on Malik Jefferson by pretending to decommit
- "We had 32 players take official visits here and we sat 24 of 'em."
- "A lot of these student athletes, it's all about academics for them."
- "The #1 thing for them is to get a degree."
- A bunch of guys on offense are already on campus."
- Shane Buchele has two sisters at O.U.
- Kyle Porter - "Don't even call me until you're ready to commit."
- Jordan Elliot - "6'3", 322!!!"
- Chris Brown - "The thing I like about you is you have a chip on your shoulder."
- "We know we had to put together a good class."
- "Today was a big step forward for our program."
- "We've just got to continue to work and continue to build it."
- "I'm gonna ridin' ya until you tell me don't call me anymore."
- Buchele: "He's going to have a chance to compete."
- QB: "Is going to be a very competitive position."
- Heading into next season, the Longhorns had big holes to fill on Offensive line, Defensive Line, and Secondary; this class fills those needs.
- In addition to filling those needs, this class built depth at almost every position group.
- The one position group where depth is lacking is tight end; we still think Tyrone Swoopes fills the bill.
- They're STACKED at the QB position. Heard has three years of eligibility left and Buchele is on campus. Sam Erhlinger is a year away.
- We'd rather be where the Longhorns are than where either the Aggies or the Cowboys are.
"And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings,"
This is a really good point:
Bottom Line: Bo French's personal experience securing properties along the border can only help solve this problem that has been unnecessarily festering for decades....
"It is an abomination for kings to commit wickedness,
For a throne is established by righteousness."
While the Ann Kitchen recall campaign already has enough signatures, it never hurts to collect enough so that you're outside the margin of shenanigans:
District 5 is in South Austin and includes the South Lamar/Brodie and Manchaca corridors; if you live in those areas, sign the petition here.
Why do we want Ann Kitchen recalled?
"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Yesterday was Bryan Slaton's birthday, as his mother informed us:
Dear Friends,We'd been planning on donating to Bryan for a few weeks, but this motivated us to follow through:
Thank you so much to all of you who have sent words of encouragement and made contributions today in honor of Bryan's birthday. For those of you who didn't receive my earlier email, today Bryan turns 38! With our fundraising deadline and the next financial report due in a couple of days, we wanted to ask that you consider making a $3.80, $38, or $380 donation to Bryan.
Click Here to Donate! (https://politics.raisethemoney.com/bslaton)
Consider it not only a birthday present, but also a donation to further liberty and freedom in the great state of Texas!
This year has been a whirlwind; I don't see as much of my son as I used to. He's knocking on doors, speaking with voters one on one, making phone calls, and attending meetings. He has taken the last 7 months and fully dedicated himself to reaching voters and earning their support.
My son does not do things halfway. He pours himself into his calling. And believe me, this is a calling. Your prayers and words of encouragement do more for us than you could ever know.
Make your own contribution here.
Tuesday, February 2, 2016
"There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit."
We learned this morning that Babs Miller, wife of Texas State Representative Rick Miller, got called home to Jesus this morning.
We first met the Miller family in the summer of 2013, during the insanity that descended on the Capitol following Wendy Davis' filibuster. We prayed together several times during those crazy weeks. She was also a regular presence around the Capitol this past session, and it's crazy to think she won't be there next session.
Readers might have forgotten, but this website's greatest hit came during that 2013 special session when we released video of pro-Abortion activists chanting "Hail Satan" in support of Wendy Davis. We've never mentioned this, because it's never been relevant, but we actually uploaded that footage to the internet and wrote the linked blog post in Representative Miller's office. That moment doubled as the first time we met Babs.
Babs Miller was a Warrior for Christ, as her efforts at the Capitol made clear. There was nary a pro-Life or pro-Religious Liberty bill that she wasn't front and center attempting to help pass. Her humble diligence won't be easily replaced.
But the good news is that, while she will be missed here on Earth, there is NO DOUBTING which direction Babs Miller took upon departure.
Babs Miller was saved by Grace through Faith, and you can be as well. Babs will spend eternity with Jesus in Heaven, and there's no reason you can't join her. You can learn more here.
Babs Miller; Rest in Peace.
Monday, February 1, 2016
"He has shown you, O man, what is good;
And what does the Lord require of you
But to do justly,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly with your God?"
FANTASTIC appearance for David Simpson a few years ago in Houston:
- "We have neglected individual responsibility and freedom and idolized government force."
- "Like Israel of old, we have become willing slaves of force."
- "It's not just the force of a King, or even of a few oligarchs, but the force of an overwhelming bureaucracy with a multitude of new offices and swarms of officers that harass us and eats our substance."
- "Civil government and minions are a poor substitute for free men and women."
- "We complain about licensing and regulation, but because it gives us an advantage against the competition, we support it."
- "The takeover of the Health Care industry is not limited to the Federal government."
- "Our bodies and our health are individual responsibilities, not the government."
- "There can be no real charity or love where it is forced."
- "Socialism confuses the distinction between government and society."
- "Do you wish to see the poor cared for?!? Then care for them yourself and persuade others to do the same."
- "The Tea Party arose because of decades of irresponsibility by those who claim to be conservative."
- "We must relinquish our idolatrous attachment to force."
- "The sword is a poor tool for production and for healing."
- "Freedom can not be forced on people, they must seek it and learn to love it, despite the risks."